Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The week of last lunches

Monday: with HUC students studying for finals
Tuesday: with Nathan and Elisa from the AJA
Today: with classmates and local women rabbis from the Women's Rabbinic Network
Tomorrow: with Amanda, Michelle and others from the AJA
Friday: with Jonathan because I will be done with work aaagh!


And the WRN gave me the most appropriate present, one that I wanted to own anyway: a copy of New Jewish Feminism: Probing the Past, Forging the Future.  It has sections on theology, ritual and Torah, women in Israel, gender and sexuality, leadership and social justice, and more.  It will have a place of pride on my shelf right next to Adler's Engendering Judaism and Plaskow's Standing at Sinai.  But best of all?  The nameplate. 


This is the first time I've seen my soon-to-be title in print. :)

3 comments:

Janet said...

It's a lovely gift. Did the WRN give these books to all the new rabbis?

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! and how weird to being all your last lunches
sheryl

Michal said...

They were given to all the women in Cincinnati, at least. And I know... it was ODD. I think Tuesday will be even weirder, when I have no reason to go back... Monday I'm still on campus all day for a conference!