Saturday, April 14, 2012

Breaking the fourth wall

I had the best conversation with Xander in the car, coming home from school yesterday.  Actually, it was between Sophie the giraffe and Xander; he didn't speak to ME once.  But he told Sophie all about his day and even sang songs with her.  It's like he knows I voice the stuffed animals in his life, but then doesn't at the same time.  At one point he asked me if I wanted to hear Sophie sing the ABCs, and I said sure, I'd love to have her sing to me.  The next sentence was him asking if I could make Sophie sing. :)

In other news, the Children's Museum is about a trillion times more busy on a rainy Saturday afternoon than it was on Easter Sunday.  Thank goodness for Carlie and Yasha and their parents for keeping me company on those respective days.  Also, they say money can't buy happiness?  Perhaps that's true in the long run, but in the short term I love my new thermos so I can take hot chai to work.  And these popsicle molds are the best invention ever:

Fill with fruit juice, freeze, and then suck the juice from the straw as it melts.  Yay for lack of mess!


Lastly, Pesach is now over.  I'm extremely hopeful that this means less sweeping up of matzah crumbs in my future.  Ari LOVES matzah - he just cut a second tooth and loves the crunchiness - but this week I've been best friends with the kitchen broom.

8 comments:

Janet said...

I love to hear about your day to day conversations with Xander and that he shares so much.

Hey! Those popsicle molds look almost just like the ones we used years ago from Tupperware. They are indeed pretty cool.

And Xander actually let you sweep up instead of insisting on sweeping himself?! He must have had a very busy week.

Love you all!
Mom/Bubby

Anonymous said...

Every Pesach it seems to me that Judaism is missing a holiday...we make a big deal out of finding chometz and then burning it, but zero time celebrating finding the last crumb of matzah under the table.

Michal said...

@Mom/Bubby, I DO love those molds. Especially the straw parts. And LOL no he's been "helping" the whole time. :)

@Dr. G, I so totally agree! At least this year we went the extra day so we could bookend it with Havdallah.

Gwen/Mom/Babka said...

Still getting the hang of this. Since I don't use Facebook for anything professional, I had to figure out how to not be Dr and change my name/identity. whatever. confusing. I think I have it now. we'll see after this posting.

chanaham said...

someone recently gifted E w/those popsicle things - how cool is that - apparently you can eat the popsicle, but what melts stays in the gizmo - and there's a straw attached! Love it! - So -big surprise - Gluten free matzah is kinda tasty! however, it makes very funky stuffing & knaidlach!

Michal said...

Chana, it is the coolest thing ever. And LOL at the stuffing... if anyone can make something out of it though, it's you!

Lena Mara Shupper said...

Yes, the GF matzah stuffing was def funky! But the GF matzah brie (brai?) wasn't too bad. Just don't wet it too much as you're just rehydrating tapioca and potatoes...Unless you like pudding in your eggs! :-)

Michal said...

@Lena, oy! I never even thought of that.