Thursday, May 1, 2008

Last day!

Today was the last day of school, hooray! I was very excited until I overheard Karen talking about how she had added up the pages of all our papers due, and we'll be writing between 80-100 pages in the next week. Sigh. Why must finals come so soon after the end of school? I think they should give us way more time to celebrate, then a reading week, then only after *that* we should have stuff due.

Simcha had a grand adventure this afternoon. I opened the front door to come in and he leapt right over my bag to head for the great outdoors. I cornered him in the crawlspace underneath the house... not my idea of a good time, but he was thrilled. Now he's sitting on the top of the couch next to the open window, meowing and talking up a storm.

Yesterday was the longest day ever: class, class, cantillation final, home for an hour, pay bills, then evening class from 7-10pm. Ugh. But when I got home Jonathan and I talked seriously about selling his motorcycle and buying a car: we're test-driving a few this weekend to decide what to buy. It's been a year, and this one-car thing is really starting to grate. Getting one is long overdue, and I'm looking forward to it. Now if only Jonathan and I can agree on what to buy... :)

And finally, the contents of Savta's package. She knows how to pack it in! (note the most important part in the background, i.e. the pickles.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the end of classes! How did your chanting final go? I'm sorry we didn't have time to chant together while I was there. Where the time went, I'll never know! I know you'll do well on all the papers you have to write. Just take a deep breath and move forward!

Great idea about another car. And, Jonathan, I'm very proud of you for even considering getting rid of the bike. Well, Michal too. I know how much you BOTH enjoy it.

Also, thanks Mom (Savta) for the kitchen mitts you sent Michal. They were more my style so they are now gracing MY kitchen. :-) Also, I wanted to ask, Savta, what is that heavy metal thing that has what looks like 2 places for candles? Is it a candle holder? There is a slot next to it that makes it look like a mini napkin holder so I was confused.

Love you both,
Mom

Michal said...

It went well! I think. It's hard to tell with her. If you want I can chant for you over the phone... I ended up doing a portion from Micah because the hardest trope mark was a tlisha katana. :)

Tara said...

you're done with school already?! wow..time sure flies! we have another 8 weeks until our Chinese studies are complete for the semester. I hope you and Jonathan decide on what car to buy! Keep me posted :) xo