Sunday, April 27, 2008

Pulpit

Just got back from an amazing pulpit visit. I led the seder on Saturday night and an adult ed on Sunday morning on God and "hardening Pharaoh's heart." GREAT discussions. I'm going to be sad to leave these people in May. :(

My mom had come with me, which was fabulous... and which also made the 5-hour drive more tolerable. On the way back we played tourist and stopped at Lincoln's log cabin! What fun. I feel like I know so much more about farming now.

Savta also sent us a package. It had all kinds of cool stuff in it, like Israeli charoset and oils and neat bookmarks. Thank you! Pictures to follow.

My midwife is fabulous, but she's also a harsh taskmaster and is very strict about my protein intake. I usually never eat this much meat, but I've been feeling really good, so I can't complain. We stopped for burgers on the way to Illinois, and then Subway on the way home. Who knew I would end up with so many cravings for roast beef?!

No comments: