Monday, May 12, 2008

Happenings

What a whirlwind of a week. I wrote three papers, took one final, and now only have one exam tomorrow and six papers due by next Monday. Only. Sigh. This week is gonna suck.

Our alarm system was installed this weekend. Which is exciting in a way, because for the first time in our lives, it means we have actual things to steal. Plus, it feels better knowing there's an alarm when I'm going to be home alone with the baby come fall.

My pulpit was awesome, as usual. Just extremely tiring. I really like actually being there, but the driving-five-hours part each way? Ugh. Especially this trip when I had to stop almost every hour for a bathroom break!

The penultimate day of Hebrew school went well too. We did "prophet review" of everything we'd learned so far. The part that went best is also, ironically, the part I spent the least time planning: I brought out a whole bunch of stuff (e.g. pipe cleaners, glitter glue, cotton balls, toilet paper rolls, etc.) and asked them to "create something that symbolizes your favorite prophet." These kids are so creative, I was very impressed. I would have been the kid doodling on the piece of paper, not making picture-worthy pieces of art.

What else? Simcha is back to normal, he goes back to the vet on Wednesday for a checkup. The steering on our car went out so we're getting that fixed. Oh, and we saw Iron Man, which was very fun, with unexpected depth. We also rented Juno, which was smart and sassy. I have a chiropractor's appt tonight that I'm very much looking forward to because my hips have not quite adjusted to their new position yet. My midwife also asks me to record a food chart of what I'm eating so I can make sure I get enough protein, and I've learned that come the end of the day, it is possible to get tired of cottage cheese, and I need to know how to cook meat. (aka Jonathan will be learning soon :))

Now off to study and learn how to sing the Sheva Brachot, the seven wedding blessings.

No comments: