Friday, February 6, 2009

Four month checkup

Xander's not even close to a newborn anymore! As of yesterday, he's 15.4 pounds and 25.5 inches long. He got his second set of vaccinations and was very brave, just crying briefly at the needle sting but then recovering quickly. After putting him to bed at 8:30, he proceeded to sleep 12 hours straight... meaning I got very little sleep, since I kept going in to check on him and had nightmares of him dying of SIDS.

In general, he's old enough now that we've been getting him on a more regular bedtime schedule, by 8 or 8:30. It's amazing! He sleeps until around 7am, usually waking up a couple of times to nurse (hence my worry last night when he slept straight through). It's been great getting adult time with Jonathan back, and getting more sleep myself. But I admit, it has curbed our evenings a bit more than I expected; we were invited to a birthday party between 7 and 9pm, and had to turn it down because that's smack dab when we put the baby to bed. I imagined I would feel bitter when I RSVP'd no, but strangely, I didn't actually mind that much. The baby's bedtime took priority over everything! Funny how parenting changes you.

2 comments:

Sheryl said...

When Caleb was a baby, he was a really heavy breather (and still mostly is) We could easily hear him breathing down the hallway. When Ruthie was born, she was much quieter - I was constantly going in to check on her since I couldn't hear her. Poor baby, I kept poking at her to get her to make a noise or move.

Michal said...

i'm glad it's not just me!