Friday, July 1, 2011

Two things that made me laugh yesterday

Jonathan and I both had the same size pizza slice for lunch.  I was chatting away while Jonathan was nodding sagely along, occasionally commenting on my monologue.  All of a sudden he noticed that he had a quarter of a slice left while I was already finished.  Honestly puzzled, he asked, "How in the world can you talk so much and finish faster than I do?!  I never even see you eat with your mouth full."  I told him that it was a rare talent.  And one that his sons would no doubt inherit.

Second, I finished A Game of Thrones last week, and am now onto the second in the series, A Clash of Kings.  The latter book was sitting on our bed on the bottom of a stack of board books I'd been reading to Ari and Xander.  Xander took the novel out from under Is Your Mama a Llama? and sat down on the floor with it, turning pages at a fierce pace.  "What are you doing?" I asked.  "Reading this book with lots of words," he replied. Then he gave it back, looking at me in pity.  "Mine are better!"

4 comments:

Janet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janet said...

Xander is definitely my grandson when it comes to reading and singing!!!
Love,
Mom

Michal said...

That he is!

Sheryl said...

Even though I like words, I still love picture books too!