Thursday, July 28, 2011

The time has come

I need to accept that my life has gone from this:



(2006)


To this:



(2011)


Amazing what a difference five years can make.  So I finally bit the bullet.  I cleaned out my entire closet and got rid of all my size 2's and 4's.  Even if I do lose all the baby weight, my hips are just never gonna go back.  Life is too irrevocably changed.  Cutting my hair was indicative of that final acceptance.

Thankfully, neither the haircut nor the closet-cleaning hurt as much as I thought they would.

(And thank you to Nicole for giving me the guts to post this!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

From the temptingly alluring promise of the bud --

To the magnificent blazing beauty of the flower in bloom,

Aaahhh...promises fulfilled, and more promises to fulfill...

Savta

Jonathan said...

I would agree with Savta accept I might take it a step further. You are now a promise realized. You have born the fruit of your bloom. A flower is pretty, but it is the fruit that it bares that valued. What could be more beautiful than the creation of life?

- Jonathan

Nicole said...

from the poetic to the practical- i think your new haircut looks great :)

Sheryl said...

its not really fair to yourself to compare a glamor to a casual snapshot.
Yes, there's a little more of you to love, but you're still gorgeous!

Michal said...

you guys are all so good for me - poetic and practical alike! but the vanity in me is still enough that you notice i switched out the "today" picture. :)

Janet said...

I noticed the change of pic right away and I like this one better...of both you AND Ari. The lighting is better, the pose is better and you're both adorable. Don't worry about the extra weight, honey. It will come off when you're ready to take it off. You ate healthy while you were pregnant so once you begin eating healthy again consistently, your body will recognize it and respond. You are bee-yoo-tee-full!
Love,
Mom

Rosio said...

I think you look wonderful and motherhood definitely looks fantastic on you. :)