Sunday, November 28, 2010

Yay!

Mom helped me organize the basement this morning. Why is it that I can never seem to do these chores without help? Or at the very least company. But now I have a whole bin organized with "baby toys," I dug out the monitor, the wraps, etc and put them all in one place. It was frightening to realize that after finals I have one week break, then I go right into spring semester... which will end prematurely for me with a new baby. If I'm gonna do all this stuff before he's born, I better start now!

(Oh, and apropos of nothing, here's a random pic of Xander last month that I forgot to post. We call it his "New York attitude look.")

6 comments:

Janet said...

I had such fun working with you in the basement! And it looks soooo good now. Lots and lots of room.
Love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Dearheart, some jobs REQUIRE the help that comes from having company. Stashing Xander's "baby things" in preparation for future use is a job you shouldn't have had to do alone. Your mom was the perfect companion. A lot of emotion is involved, and even if YOU are not the slobbering kind, your mom's just the one to provide the orchestration. I get goose-bumps just reading about it!

And I'm totally zonked by that fantastic New York Attitude Xander!
How did you ever catch him in that mood????

Savta

Janet said...

I don't know about Michal, Mom, but for me, believe it or not, there was really no emotion involved in packing up the basement. We cleared, we packed, we broke up boxes and recycled, we organized. I think it was just a job that with company was just a lot more fun! Michal, what do you think?
Jan

Anonymous said...

Okay. So you're both just straight-off "get the job done" characters.
Leave it to me....I gushed it up enough for both of you.
Imagine! Handling Xander's baby things, and storing them for further use. I'm moved to the core.
Savta

Sheryl said...

You all are so funny!
But mom's are great for helping out with projects - my parents came in for the weekend and both worked their tushes off helping to get our yard and kitchen in order.

I'm glad you had such a wonderful visit!

Janet said...

Please trust me when I say I was 98% company and 2% help! Michal has a vision and goes for it. But I can do good company!