Saturday, November 20, 2010

Harry Potter Hanukkah!

Jonathan and I had had tentative plans to go to the midnight showing of HP7. That evening, I came home zonked, and was waffling on whether we should go or not. Jonathan asked me, "Are you in a good mood?" "Sure," I said, "just tired." I was half-suspecting he was going to give me bad news. But instead, he started to fidget and told me that he wanted to give me my Hanukkah present early. "Timing is important," he proclaimed.

And lo and behold, it was! A box appeared in front of my eyes, and as Xander and I opened it, I started to squee like a schoolgirl. I don't have many obsessions, but I'm very serious about the ones I do have. And THIS... this is amazing!


I already had Hermione's wand from a previous birthday, but the sweater and tie are new. (They're in Gryffindor colors, for the uninitiated. And yes, my hair is bushier than usual as per Hermione.)




We took this one as a pregnancy photo, seeing as I haven't been doing many belly shots.





The ultimate in glory: Jonathan and Holly colluded to MAKE ME A CAPE!! Jonathan found the pattern and the patch, and then Holly worked with him to pick out the fabric. They sent swatches through the mail, and emailed and messaged each other for over six weeks. I had no clue. I'd like to think that they're just especially sneaky, and not that I'm obtuse!




Gryffindor Auror-to-be (think Dark magic fighter).




Not only did Holly sew in the patch, a fabulous hood, and a clasp, but there's a wand pocket!!!!




The scarf makes it a complete wintry Hogwarts outfit.



Of course, I couldn't be the only Gryffindor in the family....


My husband the casual Gryffindor slacker. Think Ron on his off days.




Ready to go out and conquer the premiere. I won't give anyone spoilers, but suffice it to say it was a great movie, and I'm really looking forward to the next one. And not to brag or anything, but while a lot of people had on different school ties or scarves, I was definitely the best-dressed overall. :)

5 comments:

Janet said...

I swear you could be Hermoine's older sister!!!

Nicole said...

this is adorable! you and jonathan are so cute! i love it! kudos to jonathan for a great present :)

Anonymous said...

And kudos, Bravo-Plus! to Holly for her skill, ingenuity, and all the love that's sewn into that cape! I freak out about the wand-pocket.

Jonathan, bless you for being so technologically attuned to your family's "Heartwaves."

As to the portrait photo -- you two look stupefyingly STUNNING!!!!


Savta

Jeffrey said...

I'm just glad you guys made it to the movie! We were tired the next day but it was totally worth it -- both of us had a great time.

Sheryl said...

What's the world coming to? pregnant Gryfendors? :-)