Monday, April 26, 2010

Shopping with Xander

Yesterday I took Xander shopping at the local grocery store while Michal slept in. They had a Xander sized shopping cart for him to use there, an exact copy of what I was using but 1/8 the size. He was in HEAVEN! He was following me all over the place helping me shop. He especially loved putting the bananas and apples in his cart (his favorite food).

A woman there asked if he was 18 months old, and I told her yes. She was AMAZED that he was pushing that cart and following me. She said that was incredibly advanced for his age. I was so proud. I think my pride expanded me out to twice my size.

She wasn't the only one impressed. Everyone who saw him gave smiles and made little comments like, “Oh, you are helping daddy are you?”, “Look at you go!”, and “He is so cute!”

Of course, about 2/3rds of the shopping trip he wore himself out and decided he just wanted to sit in my basket. He let me know this by stopping suddenly and sitting down on the floor behind his cart, refusing to push any further. He didn't cry or anything; he just sat down and babbled at me. Xander had his limit and it was reached.

How I wish I had the camera on me.

2 comments:

Janet said...

How wonderful to hear from you, Jonathan! How I miss our little Xander. Please give him big hugs and kisses from Bubby.

Janet said...

I can picture Xander traipsing through the grocery store maneuvering his cart everywhere...just like he did in Israel!!!