Thursday, April 8, 2010

Permanent 70 degree weather

Reasons I love it here:

1) Rugalach.
2) Amazing produce.
3) Shwarma in pita.
4) Lemon popsicles from the kiosks.
5) All the dairy is labeled with the fat percentage it contains, like 1%, 3%, 5% rather than just "low."

Hmm, I should probably list other things besides food, huh?

Let's try again:

1)Health care system. We called a pediatrician at 9am, got in to see him at 11am. X has a double ear infection, so the doctor prescribed two medications. Total cost? $125 for all. Without insurance. Did you know that prenatals are totally free here, and you can have as many ultrasounds as you want?
2) Family.
3) Walking everywhere.
4) Speaking Hebrew. I thought I had forgotten it all, but then I had a lot of fun at a five-hour dinner party with a bunch of relatives, speaking Hebrew (badly) the whole time. They all understood me, and I jabbered away. Curse ulpan and HUC for making me think that correct conjugations matter in the real world!
5) Israeli food. I just can't leave it out! To do so would be a travesty...

Off to go play cards with my grandmother....

3 comments:

Jessica said...

So....how much rugalach is finding its way into your suitcase? :)

Jonathan said...

Your post is making me hungry! I miss you two so much!1

Michal said...

Jessica, we have a Marzipan outing scheduled tomorrow when we go to Jerusalem. It's on teh must-see list. :)

We miss you too love!