Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A very boring week (at least so far)

Not much to update... I'm totally stuck on a sermon idea for this weekend. I'm going to have a group of Lutheran junior high school students as well as my usual congregants. How do I bridge the gap? Any suggestions?

I applied to a few different centers of ACPE, a chaplaincy training program, for the summer. It looks like it will be really challenging and fascinating... but a little scary too. I'm not that great with sick people! Hopefully the summer will improve this lack.

Xander-wise, yesterday when I was changing his diaper I started singing "If you're happy and you know it clap your hands." And he clapped, right on cue! He knew the song and what he was supposed to do. He also went down our entire staircase by himself, head first. I was a little worried so kept going one step below him, making sure I could catch him if he fell. But he didn't lose his balance once, and was so proud of himself when he reached the bottom. Other than that, his new favorite food is peas. Last night at dinner he had great fun dropping the peas in his yogurt and then fishing them out with his spoon. Dinner and entertainment, all in one!

No comments: