Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My thesis is COMPLETE!!!!

I turn it in tomorrow.

The moment I finished the last thing (which was converting all 132 pages from a Word doc to a PDF), I closed my laptop, leaped up from the couch, and shouted, "Everyone stop what they're doing and do a happy dance with me!  I finished!  It's been over a year, but it's DONE!"

Xander ran in from the adjoining room where he'd been playing, and said, "I want to dance with you, Mommy!"  He wanted to sing a song while we danced, too.  "Great idea!"  I said.  "But what song?"  The ABC's, of course!

So for a good six or seven minutes, I held Xander, and Jonathan held Ari, and we danced like crazy around the living room, singing the ABC's and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star at the top of our lungs.

It was the perfect celebration. :)

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

We're dancing and singing twinkle in spirit to celebrate from Urbana!

Janet said...

All that dancing and singing made me cry with joy and happiness. The Loving family is so wonderful.

MamaNightsong said...

Yay!!!! Congratulations!!!! I bet you're feeling such a wonderful sense of accomplishment, I know you've worked so hard on this! Woot woot!

Sherry Levinson said...

Congrats Michal!!!!! This must be such a great weight off your shoulders

Sheryl said...

HOW WONDERFUL! I'm doing a long distance happy dance for you too! Wish I had Xander to sing me a song though.

Tara L. said...

Congratulations Michal. :) I bet it's a really awesome feeling to be done with your thesis. I can picture the dancing already. It's really cute.