Thursday, March 1, 2012

Lovely mistake of the day

A librarian just complimented me on my forthcoming Ph.D.  I asked her what she meant.  Apparently another librarian had shared with her that I was done with my thesis, and she thought that meant I had just finished my dissertation.  All these years she's thought I was a Ph.D. student!  

"You're in the rabbinical program?!  But... we NEVER see rabbinic students studying in here like you do."

I didn't quite know what to say.  Umm.. I'm a geeky academic rabbinical student?

She was more than a little embarrassed, I could tell.  But I was actually pretty flattered. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!
sheryl

Janet said...

I LOVE this!!!!! Ok, perhaps a bit geeky but definitely a geek who seeks and strives for unending knowledge, deep understanding, and the ability to connect with others through learning more about yourself and your people. And you will bring all of that to your rabbinate. Too bad more of your peers didn't spend more time in the library.

I would have been flattered too!

Love you to the moon and back.
Mom