Thursday, February 9, 2012

NEWS

So everyone at HUC tells me that once I send back the official letter of intent I'm good to share with the world, I don't need to wait til the contract's signed. I believe them, so...

I am utterly, completely thrilled to announce that as of July 1st, I will have the honor of serving as the new rabbinic educator at Congregation B'nai Israel in Sacramento, California!  Jonathan and I couldn't be happier.  We're joining a fantastic community, will be living close to family, and are returning home to Cali!

To say that we're excited would be a bit of an understatement. :)

Of course, the position is contingent upon ordination.  That means that in four months I have a thesis to complete, classes to finish, an internship to continue, a house to pack and move, and kids to ready for the upcoming life change.  It's gonna be a jam-packed spring.  

I can't wait!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mazel tov! I wish you all the best of everything in the next phase of your life. (Also, the strength and fortitude to get through the next 4 months till July.)

Glendale Lynn

Janet said...

I couldn't be happier for all of you....and me! You're moving back to California!!!! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT!
Love,
Mom/Bubby

Anonymous said...

I'm thrilled for you! And Jan can finally do the full happy dance that she's been trying to suppress for the past week!
sheryl

Anonymous said...

Congrats on coming to BI. I received the notice from Rabbi A and thought I'd welcome you. We have a great community here.Looking forward to meeting you.
Lynn B

Tevis and Katie said...

Congrats Michal and Jonathan! I hope everything goes according to plan with all of IT :)

Michal said...

Thank you, everyone. We both feel very lucky.

And Lynn, thank you so much for the welcome! I look forward to meeting you in person, too. :)

Lynn said...

We have been away and I'm finally catching up ...MAZEL TOV!! What wonderful news! We wish you all the best.