Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pictures from my mom's open house

A very small selection of pictures.


Barbara and Cristina.  They've been together for what, almost 30 years?  Barbara's as old as my grandmother.  Their longevity gives me hope in this thrice-divorced world.



Ari with Melissa.




Roxanne and Xander.  She taught him that haircuts aren't scary, but can be okay and not hurt... a lesson which he then imparted to his stuffed dinosaur Buddy, who imparted it to me.



Annie tickling Ari's feet while Jonathan and Melissa look on.




We're having a crazy time here, Mommy!



Sandra making Xander's day.



And finally, brothers sharing the kid chair.  I love their facial expressions!

















Also, for those who are curious, Ari was SO MUCH better today.  He didn't cry once, and Jonathan really enjoyed himself.  This is gonna work out!

3 comments:

Janet said...

Good people, good friends, good times! Can you believe 60 people actually came by to see you and your family? Nice.
Love you,
Mom/Bubby

Anonymous said...

So I'm crying because I miss all you people, and there you are all together in the house that was the basis of my life, and I'm not there, and it makes the miles that separate us infinite rather than measurable, and that hurts. Yes, it is painful.

The pictures are marvelous. I have a picture of you, Barbara and Cristina, up on my wall and see you every day.

Those boys, Xander and Ari!!! Too much emotion. I've run out of words. Let the tears take over.

Savta

Michal said...

*HUG*