Wednesday, October 19, 2011

"Mommy, I'm FLYING!!!"

So saith Xanderbugs as he pulled the lever to make Dumbo fly up and down at Disneyland.

We return to Cincinnati in a couple hours, and what an amazing trip it has been.  Highlights:

- Dinner with Sylvan and Deena at Lucille's Steakhouse
- Meeting with a personal trainer to find out that my knees are shot, and I literally can't do squats (thanks, Grandpa)
- Xander as ring bearer at Natasha's wedding (Jonathan was a groomsman, but Xander stole the show.)
- The photographer at the wedding telling us Xander should be a model, and wanting to be his agent
- Seeing Lois and Mike at the wedding and for lunch the day after.  Or as my son corrected me when I referred to them yesterday: "Mommy, not 'Lois.'  It's AUNTIE LOIS and UNCLE Mike!"
- Mike bringing over a new garbage disposal for my mom, Jonathan installing it, and then the irony that the outlet wouldn't work
- Visiting HUC Los Angeles, meeting mom's coworkers, and (no offense Sheryl) being reminded how much I love the HUC Cincinnati library
- Haircut and color with my most favorite stylist ever
- Free babysitting when I went out with Jonathan for date night
- Visiting with Holly and her family at the beach and her house (Xander's first time to the Pacific!)
- Ari learning to do a full-on army crawl
- Mom doing all my laundry
- Seeing the 60+ people that came through the house I grew up in at the open house
- In N'Out.  Jamba Juice.  Claim Jumper.  Katella Deli.  Katella BAKERY.
- Breakfast with Marleena and Antonio, and meeting Marleena's baby
- Touring my high school.  Hasn't changed a bit
- Disneyland with a three year-old.  Best and oddest trip I've ever taken:  Tiki room, Jungle Cruise, carousel (twice), Dumbo, It's a Small World, submarine ride, the train, the monorail.  I've never been before without going to Space Mountain or Star Tours.  But then I've never truly enjoyed a child's wonder at experiencing singing birds either.

About 300 pictures will follow.  But be warned... probably not for another week!

2 comments:

Janet said...

It's hard for me to believe that you are actually gone and that you won't be walking back into my house any minute. There are reminders everywhere, including Xander's blue slip on shoes so don't drive yourself crazy searching for them. I'll drop them in the mail. What a fabulous trip it was! I miss hearing Xander's sweet voice and seeing Ari's ever present smiles and hearing his laughter. I miss those boys so much!
Love,
Mom/Bubby

Sheryl said...

It was great to see you all Michal - and I don't take offense - Cincy does have an awesome library! But the LA library has me :-)