Saturday, April 30, 2011

Cute story

The other night we were all sitting around the kitchen table, enjoying a lovely dessert of cut up fruit.  Xander was eating strawberries and was loving them.  When he had finished every last strawberry morsel on his plate, he picked up the plate and started to lick it.

"Xander, honey, it's not considered polite to lick your plate," my mom said.

His face fell in disappointment. "Lots of strawberry juice!" he exclaimed.

"I know, it's delicious.  But dogs lick their plates, not people."

He looked at her seriously, then broke out into a big smile, picked up his plate again, and held it up in front of his face.

"But I want it.  I'm a dog!  Woof woof!"  And then he licked away.

We were too busy laughing to chastise him further. :)

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Doggone he's so sharp! I just love these "Tales of a Two Year Old."