Tuesday, March 1, 2011

How does he know?

Xander has this amazing innate ability to know when it's midterms and finals. The night before each, without fail, he has trouble sleeping.

Last night he took over an hour to go to sleep, then he was up from 2-4am. Usually Jonathan takes him if he wakes at night, but no. Last night he was screaming "WANT MOMMY!" at the top of his lungs. Our theory is that he can tell I'm distracted the evening before a test, and feels like he doesn't get enough quality time. Alternatively, he's just insane. Or he picks up on my stress and mirrors it.

Either way, I am tired. It doesn't matter that Jonathan was with him in the room three quarters of the time... even when I'm in our bedroom with the door closed, I still can't sleep when I can hear him calling my name. This does not bode well for my "History of Reform Judaism" test. :(

2 comments:

Janet said...

So how did the test go?

Michal said...

Eh. It went. I know I passed. That's all that matters!