Monday, March 7, 2011

Cracking up at new vocabulary

Dessert tonight was chocolate cookies. Everyone had one. But following the first, Xander, being a kid, asked for a second.

M: "Honey, you can't have a whole cookie. But Daddy will split one with you."

J: "Yes, we can share it."

X, his face glowing with joy at the prospect: "YEAH! Will be EXCITING!"



Edited to add: I have now gotten multiple emails regarding how Xander did not want a cookie simply because he's a kid. Rather, everyone, no matter their age, wants seconds on cookies. I was wrong. You all are right. I hereby apologize for my age-ism. :)

3 comments:

Sheryl said...

why are you blaming love of chocolate cookies on being a kid? Jonathan didn't seem to adverse to having more cookies either :-)

But it _is_ exciting that he loves to share with his dad!

all the best,
sheryl
p.s. I haven't quite finished my quilt yet, so if you could just hold off a little while more until I'm done ... ;-)

Michal said...

A QUILT FROM SHERYL!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!

I'll do my best to keep him in for as long as I can. :)

Janet said...

You are forgiven.