Friday, February 25, 2011

Amused with myself

I'm 36 weeks along. Next week is the run-through with the midwives. And what does it only occur to me today to do?

Order the birth kit.

Sigh.

Priorities. You'd think I'd have figured that one out, instead of stressing out over rewriting my sermon and my upcoming history midterm. But no....



Edited to add: Nicole's absolutely right, I didn't explain what a birth kit is! Each midwife has her own requirements for what she wants. I ordered my midwife's kit online: it has non-medication medical things like the one-time use lancets to prick the baby's heel for a blood sample (which they do in hospitals), sterile gloves, guaze, plus other natural things that midwives use like arnica oil. I also have my own list of things to collect before the run-through (when the midwife team comes over to go over everything, see the house, plan for what-ifs, and show us how to set up the tub). That stuff is an assortment of old towels and sheets, different oils and herbs, digital thermometer, and a huge list of other things. Basically the midwives want everything ready when the mom's 37 weeks along, so that she'll be ready no matter what!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearheart,

You've got so many priorities, how're ya gonna figger out Who's on First?

Savta

Nicole said...

what's a birth kit?

Michal said...

Savta - who knows?! And Nicole - see my edited main post. :)

Nicole said...

oh wow- it does sound like a big job. thanks for explaining and good luck!