Saturday, March 5, 2011

Full-term... and wondering how long I'll last

I have a feeling it won't be the full three weeks! I'm still doing homework and am hoping to show up to classes for the next two weeks - we'll see how that goes.

In other news, Xander is completely attached to Jonathan. Everything, if it isn't "do myself," is "Daddy do it." Which is great, because that allows me to be a little more hands-off and not feel guilty about it.

Let's see... It's March and the weather forecast says there'll be snow tonight. Not thrilled about that.

But I AM excited that my birthday's coming up! Is it selfish to want the baby to wait a couple more weeks after my bday? I'm afraid if they're too close together, I'll never celebrate mine again, I'll be preempted every year by kid parties. Oh well. I guess I could have worse problems. :)

3 comments:

Janet said...

Funny you should write this on this particular day....March 5. You were scheduled to be delivered on March 5 but you weren't ready to be born yet! So we waited another week.

Whenever this baby comes, it will be the exact right time. Hang in there, Mama! You are very brave.

And we will celebrate your birthday in June if that's what it will take to help you feel as special as you are.

With love and admiration,
Your own Mom, who adores you

Anonymous said...

Since you were born, I've been celebrating two birthdays for you every year! As your mom noted, your appointed day was March 5h and the actual day was March 12th. The FIFTH was so rooted in my mind for months that I have never stopped celebrating it. The kids will have their birthdays whenever, but YOUR birthday will never be preempted.

Your ever and forever loving
Savta

Michal said...

"Aww, thanks" to both of you. :)