Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Random things

1) Jeffrey and Jonathan had a field day running CAT 6 cable through the vents, from Jonathan's office to the PS3. This means that his video gaming and our Netflix streaming will be hard-lined instead of wireless. Practically, it means no more lagging when we watch a video.


The cats were amazed. Simcha's too fat to fall in, but we did have to be careful with Yentl.





View from above so you can see the depth of the vent, and the length of the cable.



2) Xander's vocabulary and abstract connections increase day by day. It's a joy to watch.

Today's quote:

"My gragger goes round and round. Like bus goes round and round!"

I thought that was pretty good for two and a half, to connect physical spinning to the completely unrelated Wheels on the Bus song.


3) All hail The Greener Cleaners. They're a company started up by a home birthing mom friend of mine, using all natural products to clean houses. We (alright, I) decided I wanted the house vacuumed, windows washed, etc, but I knew neither Jonathan nor I would really do it. They gave us an amazing discount because they're a start-up, and now the house sparkles! It also fulfills my nesting/Pesach spring cleaning urge to a tee.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Loved the pix of Jeffrey and Jonathan but you couldn't throw one in of you or Mr. X?

Michal said...

Picky, picky, picky!

One of me: Ha. No. Not at this stage.

One of X: Today or tomorrow. We took a whole series when we made hamantaschen. I just have to post.