Monday, December 6, 2010

Yay on three counts

1) Yesterday we went to the Children's Museum, and Xander had an absolute blast. Climbing, jumping, running, throwing balls, pushing things, playing with water... oh to be two.



Yes, I sound like an idiot. And he's saying "one more."





Here he is passed out in the car on the way home. Thank you mom for the annual pass!



2) When I was at my pulpit this weekend, Jonathan reorganized the garage!! This was a very big deal, consisting of sorting and putting away every non-child safe thing on shelves. So all lawn accoutrements are now safely out of Xander's range, meaning that we can now leave the garage door open so he can choose between his outside toys without us having to watch him like a hawk. As a bonus, it also means there's space to easily park the car inside, so we don't have to spend 10 minutes scraping ice off windows before we get in the car every morning.

3) My son is built like his father was at his age: tall and lanky. I love them both, but it is very difficult to find pants that fit that body shape, since 2T pants are too big in the waist and fall off, but 18 months pants are way too short in the legs. The solution? My stepmother. She sent me lots of Israeli clothes. I have no idea what size they are in American terms, but thank goodness for a people with small waists and long legs, since those are the only pants that fit him perfectly.

Now, off to go write a long boring philosophy paper on "Autonomy and Toleration." I'll be comparing the liberalist attitudes of Rawls to similar attitudes in.... yeah, you don't really care, do you? Neither do I. That's my problem. But it's due next week, so I should really get started...

3 comments:

Sheryl said...

how wonderful - speed and noise! looks like fun

We had that problem Caleb (hard to find pants that fit) and we still have that problem!

Michal said...

At least now though I bet he buys his own clothes!

Janet said...

Cracked up at your comment, Michal. Oh, you have no idea what's coming. LOL
Mom