Tuesday, December 14, 2010

He's got it down pat

Last night at dinnertime, Xander had just finished helping me set the table (he puts out his own plate, fork, and cup) when we sat down in our seats. Jonathan was behind the kitchen counter, taking an extra minute before bringing out the food. The boy glanced over at him by the stove and asked "Daddy?" I said, "Daddy will be here in a moment, he's just finishing."

He then looked straight at me and says, "Daddy cooking. Mommy teach Torah!" And then he nodded happily to himself, knowing that he had accurately figured out our household roles.

6 comments:

Janet said...

I keep reading this post over and over and just can't get over it. Your little X is remarkable!

Janet said...

Why aren't people going as crazy as I am over this post?????
Mom

Sheryl said...

he just summed it up so well, that I didn't think I could add anything.

Lynn said...

Oy Oy Oy. What a punim! What a kid!

Anonymous said...

The truth is, this post struck me dumb. Xander has shown a penchant for orderliness from the beginning. He even straightens out merchandise on the shelves of the supermarket when you go shopping. He carefully restores the helicopter to its precarious perch on the railroad set. OK. But now, he's translating this need for ORDER into ABSTRACT IDEAS!!!! Two years old!! You don't need an MRI to see how his brain is working.

I'm telling you, Michal and Jonathan, you must read "Proust and the Squid." It's a MUST.

Love to Xander, my wunderkind, and to his parents who just received their working kashrut certificate from their son.

Savta

Michal said...

And here I thought I was just recording cute babbling. :)