Saturday, December 25, 2010

New pictures

Checking out of the hotel in Indiana the morning of the wedding. Forget the excitement of the wedding - he got to ride on the luggage cart and press the elevator button!





Jonathan likes to make his cookies from scratch, so here we are helping by cutting up chocolate bars to make the chocolate chips. Note my real knife and cutting board; his is made of wood. He was very perplexed by the cutting process, so a moment later decided to give up and just eat the piece instead.




Fixing one of his toys with Daddy by extracting the battery. That plastic tool set we got him for Hanukkah was the best gift ever.




We were eating lunch and Xander finished first, so he was excused to go play. Yet he wanted to be with us, so he dragged his piano from the living room to the kitchen entryway so he could play us music.





Conducting very important phone business.




"The manager said WHAT? I don't think so."





Once business was over, he grabbed a real phone and proceeded to hand me his so we could call each other.




First official self-portrait.





I helped aim the camera for this one.




And of course, the best photos are the ones taken by somebody else!



I'll end with a fun story from the day:

We're trying to encourage him to say his name more, so I asked him, "Are you Mommy?"
"Nooo!" he said.
"Are you Daddy?"
"Nooo!"
"Are you Simcha?"
"Nooo!"
"Well, who are you then? What's your name?"
And he gives a big smile and says, giggling, "Yentl!"

6 comments:

Janet said...

Your son has such a great sense of humor! He cracks me up!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I wanna talk about each and every picture....but I won't. The whole batch is beyond words to describe them. I choke up smiling and laughing and sighing out loud as I pore over them again and again. And those captions are the Mostest!

Savta

chanaham said...

Really, Yentl? he is the funniest!

Michal said...

Thanks, guys! He does have a great sense of humor... we laugh so much with him it's great. :)

Sheryl said...

Great pics! and I agree wtih Savta - great captions.

Janet said...

I re-look at these pix several times a day. They remind me of the fabulous time we spent together a couple weeks ago. I dont' think you guys don't know what a wonderful family you are, how beautifully and lovingly you are raising Xander, and that his joy, creativity, and security are a direct response to your love and follow thru. Even the boundaries you set for him create a balance and safety net for his growth and individuation.

I love the pic of Xander and me, and the concentration he shows while trying to cut that chocolate is remarkable.

I saw him working with Jonathan on getting the battery out and when he did, he slowly and carefully moved it in his pliers to the table. His small motor movement dexterity is remarkable.

I could go on and on for every picture but I won't. Let it suffice to say that I love you all and miss you bunches.

Love,
Mom/Bubby