Saturday, June 12, 2010

Shabbat in the air

Remember when I said that my husband was wonderfully amazingly creative, and thinks up field trips that I would never have even considered without him? Well, last night we went to a car and plane show at a local airport, hosted by MiniCooper/BMW and Cirrus aircraft. We ate great BBQ, schmoozed with salespeople, checked out the hugely expensive cars and planes, and - best of all - got to go for a demonstration flight!! It was my very first time in a private plane (or, as Jonathan insists I say, a single prop passenger plane).

Here are my top five, below.



Plane posing.




Walking out to the tarmac.





Sitting in the cockpit. (Note: the lines on his cheek and black on his nose are leftover kitty costume from earlier in the day).






The plane being moved is the one we flew in. He signs "more" at the end.





Getting all settled before take-off.







It was a really, really wonderful flight.



The rest of the pictures are in a slideshow. Click here to see.



2 comments:

Janet said...

WOW!! Another fantastic field trip! I am very impressed. What was it like to be in such a small plane? Were you scared? I think I would have had reservations to say the least. I still get airsick in elevators! Go Jonathan!

Jonathan said...

Thanks Jan. I just love doing these field trips. It does sadden me to think he's not going to remember any of them. :P