Thursday, June 3, 2010

Animals, swimming, and kickin' back

Xander LOVES our new daycare arrangement! Jonathan and I love it too. Angela, the nanny, is awesome, and it's great to see him in the day but be able to go back to our offices to do work. He adores being with his friends, we hear them laugh and play all day. There's nothing like toddler giggles to warm one's heart.

Before Xander left the old place, however, they had graduation! This is the speech his teacher gave when handing him his "graduation diploma."





Afterwards there was a petting zoo outside. A pig, sheep, goat, rabbit, duck, chickens... I know there were more animals, I just can't remember them now. They were a big hit with the kids.


Fluffy bunny.




"Quack, quack" goes the duck.




(Not of Xander, obviously, but this was too cute!)




Brushing the pig.





Saying hi to the goat.



The next day was swimming. The indoor swimming pool at the JCC is awesome! It's like a whole water park, complete with slide. The normal pool is good too... but man, I am out of shape. I swam 5 laps and nearly collapsed.

Having a serious talk with Jeffrey.




I have a TURTLE and a BALL!!







I think the below video is kind of boring, but Mom, it is long, as you requested.







And how do we relax when we hang out at home? Here Jonathan and Simcha are playing a video game.


I, of course, read. I just finished a book Gwen sent me, Chicken Soup for the Mother's Soul, and now I'm onto the Emotional Life of the Toddler. Next up I think is The Yiddish Policeman's Union.

And Xander.. he just chills.





More videos to come. Tomorrow.

5 comments:

Janet said...

This post was wonderful! Thank you so much.

Janet said...

So, nu? It's tomorrow. Well, I'll cut you some slack. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!! SIX YEARS goes fast when you're having fun...and making great babies.
Love you both,
Mom

Michal said...

Ha! Well, because the new videos are LONGER (due to an unnamed person's request) they took over an hour and a half to upload. So I ended up doing it overnight. And thank you for the anniversary wishes... it was a really good day. :)

Janet said...

You might not think it was worth it but IT WAS!!!! The videos are GREAT!

Sheryl said...

I love the animal pics - we have some somewhere of C & R with the mobile petting zoo.

I'm glad the new nanny arrangement is working out!