Saturday, January 23, 2010

The world is very strange

One, Jewish Teenager's Tefillin Disrupts US Airways Flight. A flight attendant panicked seeing him pray, and thought the tefillin was an explosive. Our country's ignorance scares me sometimes. I mean c'mon, I'm not asking you to know the ritual, but when you have a 17 year old nerdy looking kid from New York wearing a shawl and swaying, is he really a terrorist? Watch TV at least. Orthodox Jews are all over the news lately, from the corrupt rabbis in NY to West Bank settlers.

On another interesting note, kids of same-sex couples are now testifying in court for their parents to legally marry. It still strikes me how different the world is now from when I was growing up. I'm a member of COLAGE but that's really all I do in this area. I wonder how much more involved I would have been had I been born ten years later.

And lots of strange personal things to tell about Xander and his development, but for once, I actually have pictures to go along with the stories! Alas, they're not uploaded yet. Tomorrow, tomorrow.

2 comments:

Janet said...

It made me very proud that you have chosen to be a member of Colage. I didn't even know such an organization existed. Thank you for taking a public stand for yourself and your family. I love you and am very proud of you....always have been.
Love,
Mom

Michal said...

'welcome.