Tuesday, January 19, 2010

News!

I will be working as a chaplain this summer at Good Samaritan Hospital for my CPE unit. It's especially great because it's literally the hospital next door to HUC. So I can still park at school and drop Xander off at daycare, then walk down the hill to work!

Also, we have our tickets for NY in March, for an HUC conference/mini-vacation. Jonathan and Xander are coming with me, and we're going a few days early to hang out in the Big Apple.

Tickets are also in the ether for Israel over Pesach, for me and the toddler. It looks like one week in Holon with Abba and family, one in Arad with Savta and Avraham.

AND I have a new side research job at the AJA, for a woman who's looking up her family genealogy. I spent the afternoon looking through death records and synagogue membership rosters from the early 1900s. Amazing what's out there if you look.

9 comments:

Janet said...

MAZEL TOV!!!!!!!!!!!

For some reason, the airline sent me YOUR and Xander's tix for Israel. I'll mail them to you. Did you receive mine?

Savta said...

Amazing is what YOU ARE!
A Self-Starter, Dynamo, Whirling Dervish, and a Perpetual Motion Machine ...disguised as wife, mother, and rabbinical student!
Amazing!

Michal said...

Mom: No, I didn't. Why would you receive them in the mail though, not online?

Savta: Pshaw. You flatterer!

Janet said...

You and I did get ours online. I only received Xander's in the mail because he doesn't have a 'seat' and they're required to send his snail mail. What a pain though! I gave them your address! Maybe I'll contact them and have them resend them. Then if they get lost, the airline will be responsible. What do you think?

Tara said...

Yay for mini vacations! Haven't been to the Big Apple in a LONG while, so I'm sure you guys will have a fun time!

Michal said...

Thanks Tara! I can't wait either. And Jonathan's never been, so it'll be fun to go with him.

Michal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sheryl said...

I gave birth at Good Sam. The library teased me for months saying that they were going to load me on a book cart and roll me down the hill when I went into labor. Luckily for me, Caleb was born on Sat., so I got a ride in a car.

Michal said...

You mean you weren't working on Shabbat? You slacker.