Friday, January 15, 2010

Going private

Hi all,

For a variety of reasons, I have decided to make this blog private. What this means is that as of two days from now, you'll have to put in a password to get in. If you check it from the same computer every time, you can click "remember my password," and the computer will automatically enter the password and then open up the blog, so you won't really notice a difference. The first time you click on it, however, it will prompt you to contact the blog owner - that's me - to ask for the password.

Basically, I just want to know who's reading this, and I'll give the password to anyone who asks. Everyone who reads this should have my email or Facebook, so you all know how to get ahold of me.

If anyone's really frustrated, just let me know and I'll help you out. :)

Edited to add: turns out there's no password - I just add your email to the permission list. So if you can get in and read this, it means I added you already.

9 comments:

Scarlett Lion said...

I'd like a password!! But, will it still work on RSS? Or perhaps feeburner email blitz? NEED XANDER PICS ALWAYS!!!!

Michal said...

As soon as I create it, I'll pass it along! Hmm, I'm not really sure about RSS. Hopefully? And yay for Xander pics! I can't believe you still haven't met him...

Janet said...

Woohoo!!! I'm in!

Savta said...

I think I'm in....I hope...
Savta

Savta said...

I've always signed in as Anonymous. Suddenly it says "Savta said..." Wow! How did that happen.
I hope it sticks around.

Michal said...

Haha Savta, it happened because that's how I entered your email address. It should be a permanent change.

Savta said...

Thank you so much! You have made me very happy!

Abba said...

What are the variety of reasons?

Michal said...

1) I heard a horror story of another student rabbis whose congregants were reading her blog, and getting annoyed with her.

2) I don't want future employers of mine to read this as a sort of informal "test my character" thing.

3) One of Jonathan's ex-coworkers' wives read it, which we found out when he ribbed him for having his wife set her hair on fire. I wasn't keen on that.

4) Just in case... I don't want a Xander internet stalker! It's pretty easy to figure out where we live if you pay attention.