Sunday, July 6, 2008

Our baby has been delivered prematurely

Fresh from Oxford England, our British baby was still wet behind the ears from its trans-Atlantic voyage to us. Though our new MINI has only been in the States for a week, he has adjusted well and has been tempting Dad with lots of dashes through traffic.

Here are the long awaited pictures of the shiny new member of the Loving household.


Me getting the keys. YIPPIE!!


Jay, the way cool guy who sold me the MINI.
He's called a "MINI Adviser."
BMW just cracks me up.


My lovely wife doing her Vanna White impression.
She looks so good next to the MINI.

Our new MINI arrives home.

The "S" means Super Fast!

Our MINI's behind.
A view most cars will see.

Michal tells me she feels rich with two cars in the garage.
They do look cute together.

I have to say, as good as it looks in the pictures, it's even better looking in the flesh. I have spent the past week learning all the bells and whistles, and it's interesting how the features you thought you could easily live without become the ones you just love. Like, the MINI comes with this Bluetooth connection for your cell phone that allows you to turn the inside of your MINI into a speaker phone. When I saw it on the feature list when I went to order it, I thought I'd never really use it. Let me tell you, I LOVE IT! It's probably my favorite feature. My phone directory shows up on the car dash, and I can pick the number with my steering wheel buttons and dial someone. I never have to reach for my cell phone again! It even turns off your radio while you're talking and turns it back on again after you hang up. Talk about handy!

Even some of my coworkers who didn't see why in the world I would get a MINI changed their mind when they went for a ride in mine. One of them is seriously is looking to see if she can get one.

I've even hacked into the GPS to change the car icon to a picture of our MINI. Go geek skillz!

Anyway, I find myself making excuses to go run errands. This weekend we went on a drive on Kentucky back roads for two hours (plus pee and food breaks for Michal). MINI = FUN!

Now go build your own HERE.

7 comments:

hollydlr said...

I'm very happy that you love your new car, it really is adorable. However, please DO NOT scare me with such titles ever again!!!

Anonymous said...

Your MINI is Gaw-juss!!!!! And though you don't mention it here, I believe it gets just under 40 miles per gallon, which makes it a Winner beyond challenge. Enjoy, and have lots of luck and pleasure tooling around in your MINI.
yer Savta

Jonathan said...

So sorry to scar you Holly. I wanted a catchy title, but I didn't mean to stop your heart. Blame Michal, it was her idea on the title.

And Thanks so MUCH Savta. I hope to give you a ride some day.

Felgacarb said...

Congrats! Good looking car-

So, have you gotten it sideways yet?

Anonymous said...

I want to steal your car. Probably just as much as I am going to want to steal your baby ;) I especially like the picture of the car arriving home. Have you picked out a name yet? Auntie Mia (the Kia) will have to wait a while to greet the new addition.

Mara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mara said...

OMG! That is the CUTEST car ever!!!!!!!!! You two are sooo stylin!