Friday, December 28, 2007

As the year comes to a close, so do things around here

1) I finally finished the Bible outline. 32 pages single-spaced, size 10 font. As much as it pains it me to say it though, it was a really good assignment. I have a much better grasp on Biblical exegesis than I ever did before.

2) We have an official closing date for the house! We'll be getting the keys on Thursday, January 24th. Unfortunately I'm at my pulpit that weekend, so moving in will commence on February 1st-3rd.

3) Holiday letters are all sent out. I feel so adult. Did you know that on average only 5% of post office mail is personal? I bet it doubles during the holidays.

4) I paid bills and cleared off my desk... when I get stressed the desk organization is the first thing to go. I think I'm too Type A, I feel much more settled now.

5) We've been cat-sitting this week for Pumpkin, Roosevelt, and Whiskers (they belong to two separate houses). 'Tis the season for all cat parents to go visit their families. As cute as they are, I admit it will be nice to return to doing only own litterbox.

6) As a Hanukkah gift I bought Jonathan "Carnivorous Creations," a kit that comes with a pot, soil, and seeds of 10 types of carnivorous plants. It's been a week. There are no sprouts. I'm very impatient. How long does it take these things to grow?!

7) We're now officially addicted to Amish bread. Each batch yields four starters, and we keep keeping one for ourselves. Jonathan's enjoying the baking, and I'm enjoying the eating. But I told him this is the last one, our waistlines can't handle any more.

8) Things have been slower at Jonathan's work since the year's coming to a close. He came home today at 3pm! To celebrate we went to Taco Bell and had Fiesta Burritos. Oh, the exciting life we lead.

And... I can't think of anything to say for numbers 9 and 10. Any suggestions?

No comments: