Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year's!

We had a lovely New Year's Eve with Ari, Matt and Erin. There was Thai food, board games, champagne, good music, and watching the ball drop. I have to admit, I actually felt a twinge of nostalgia while watching Ryan Seacrest. He used to make my morning commutes bearable. The Cincinnati DJs are good, but not nearly as self-righteous or pompous... and therefore, not nearly as amusing.

Yesterday we went and got FURNITURE!! Thanks to my father's generous gift, we are now the proud owners of a double bed (for our guest room), a desk for Jonathan, a dining room table, a china cabinet, and an extra bookshelf. And if I may say so myself, we got them at a steal. As a treat to ourselves afterwards we got this globe for $40. Both of us have always wanted one.

Isn't it pretty? Not only is it textured, but it's accurate too with all the newest former USSR countries.

We woke up this morning all set to go back to school/work and lo and behold, it was snowing! Seriously snowing. (At least for me. Anyone back east, skip this paragraph). There are two inches of snow on the ground, and it's 9 degrees out. According to weather.com, it feels like -5.


Me going "aaagh it's cold." I promptly threw a snowball at Jonathan.

I never really believed people when I heard the "every snowflake is unique" schpiel. Even in third grade when they had us make paper snowflakes for the first time, I remember thinking, "but it's just white stuff!" Then we got in the car.


The windshield actively proves me wrong. They really are in different dazzling shapes!

In other news, our cat-sitting gigs are now over. And in case they were feeling ignored, Sandra and David sent over some new toy mice for Simcha and Osher. They're better than TV, I swear.

Discovering the mouse.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun! I never get tired of watching Simcha toy with the mouse. He's really GOOD!!!!! I love that "Replay" feature!

Yer Savta, who when she comes to visit, it will only be in summer!!!
Brrrrr!!!!!!

Michal said...

You would love it in person, Savta. By the way... we're toying with the idea of keeping the guest room cat-free. We also bathe them monthly and I brush them every Shabbat, so when you visit maybe you can stay with us!