Friday, December 7, 2007

Hanukkah!

It's been an amazing Hanukkah so far. We have blue and white twinkly lights all over the living room, our electric menorah lights up the window, and we've never felt so loved.

Winter is definitely covered between silk underwear from Aunt Lois and thermal socks from Tante Edna and Uncle John. Reading is covered between books from Jan and Jonathan. Dessert is covered between a chocolate maker and bamboo cooking utensils from Gwen. And we've gotten cards from everybody, and haven't even opened everything yet!

The big news for me - JONATHAN GOT ME A TREADMILL! I've been wanting one forever. It was stored at Jeffery's, and when we went over there tonight for dinner they shocked me out of my skin. Jonathan also nailed me by getting me Scene It: Harry Potter, a fabulous board/DVD game based on all things HP.

I, in turn, got him a geekalicious solar-powered watch which has an altimeter, barometer, compass, world times, atomic clock, and more. Here is he is modeling the watch as well as his t-shirt which displays the strength of a wi-fi signal wherever he is.



The pictures below have nothing to do with Hanukkah, but they're fun anyway.

Snuggly cats.


Icicles outside.


Simcha deciding that I really shouldn't do my homework, I should pet him instead.


Simcha tries to determinedly remove the button from Jonathan's shirt.

You notice that Osher is missing from these pictures. He's too busy looking out the window.

2 comments:

Sheryl said...

Instructions for making snow angels:

Put on all your warmest clothes. Wear 2 pair of socks. Tuck your pant legs in between the two layers. do the same with layers of thermal underwear and shirts and pants.

Go outside in the snow - flop down backwards and wave your arms and legs. Gingerly get up without ruining your angel.

Run back inside and change out of your soaking wet clothes, because no matter how many layers you put on - snow gets inside.

Drink hot chocolate with a dash of peppermint shnops and admire your handiwork from inside the warm house.

Michal said...

LOL how cool is that! You can market these instructions, you know. They're very well described. :)

And just for you Sheryl, I'll take pictures of my very first snow angel!