Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The questions and the answers

A very, very small sample of Xander questions from the past two days:

- How do light bulbs light up?
- Why do big trucks go slower than small trucks [on the freeway]?
- Why do fingernails grow?
- How do scoops on excavators move?
- Why are fire trucks adom [red] and not my favorite color verod [pink]?  (he’s been way into Hebrew colors lately)
- Why does snake start with "S" and not "C"?
- Why are some people's eyes blue and some brown?
- How do back wheels move on cars?
- What do ostriches eat?
- How do they make raisins?

And my personal favorite, after seeing someone outside a Cricket wireless store in a costume, and having me explain what an advertisement is: "I don’t understand.  Why does that green alien sell phones?" 


And we now have an answer as to why our basement flooded.  Turns out the pipe outside the house, attached to the hose, froze in winter and cracked.  So every time we've turned on the hose since then it's leaked a tiny bit of water directly onto the inner basement wall.  And when the plumber was here fixing it, he had even better news for us... we have to replace our water heater.   Arg!

4 comments:

Janet said...

Brilliant.Brilliant.Brilliant.
and
Ugh.
Your loving Mom and
Proud.Proud.Proud Bubby.

Michal said...

LOL nicely put.

chanaham said...

So - this is just amazing to me. So observant - really! I don't remember when I finally noticed there were different colors of eyes! As I read that he asked how raisens were made, I said to your mom "why did he think they were made and didn't just grow like that. We decided the proper answer to the question is that it is a bizarre mystery.

Michal said...

Best answer ever.