Friday, May 4, 2012

Words words and more words


Xander likes to “collect” new vocabulary words and use them in a sentence.  He’s loved bizarre ever since he learned it, and last week’s was rare.  Yesterday, he learned mystery.  So today, it’s been “Where’s Daddy?  It’s a MYSTERY!”  “What are we having for dinner?  It’s a MYSTERY!”  etc. 

So this morning I came up with a sentence that made him laugh long and loud:
 
“Xander, I just saw a cat with purple fur.  It looks so bizarre!  I’ve never seen one like it, it’s very rare.  And I have no idea why it's fur is purple… it’s a mystery!”

He cracked up so hard that Simcha got spooked and went into the other room.  And Xander later repeated the whole sentence to Jonathan.  I was proud.  Of both of us. J

5 comments:

Janet said...

This is so awesome! I love how you play and learn together. You oldest son not only has a great sense of humor, he has a fabulous brain!
Love you both for feeding each other.
Mom/Bubby

Janet said...

Not only do I read this over and over again, I read it to everyone I meet!

chanaham said...

and then....Janet let me read it to her again! Really so fun. Janet thought it was amazing Xander should get your (creative) sentence - and all I could think was "this is the same kid whose response to being asked to say "gwape" was 'very funny.' oh yes - he'd get it. I just love listening to this age - as children assess and work to make sense of the world around them.

Janet said...

Where,oh where, is the 'Like' button?????????

Michal said...

You guys are great!:)

And Chana... I had completely forgotten about the "gwape" comment! You have a better memory than I do.