Friday, March 23, 2012

The good, the bad, and the ugly

The good: Growing up.  Taking laundry out of the dryer, I noticed a ton of little pebbles in the lint filter.  "Baby rocks, Mommy!" Xander explained, his face lighting up.  Ari now too plays with cars, pushing vehicles pointedly across the floor.

The bad:  Growing up.  We got our first "bad" report from preschool.  Xander made another kid cry!  Apparently he wanted the other kid's toy, so took it.  Then he hit him.  And he got put on time-out for something else later that day.  Sigh.  But the teacher was so nice, she said, "Eh, we all have bad days. He's so sweet usually!"  So we felt better.

The ugly:  The fact that Passover (Pesach in Hebrew) starts in two weeks, and we're not near prepared!  As a reminder, it's the story of Exodus.  Here is a beautiful rendition of the tale as told through shadow light.  Link courtesy of Sylvan, thank you!






Shabbat shalom! 

5 comments:

MamaNightsong said...

WOW! That video is super cool! Can I share it?

I know how shocking it is when your child hits somebody else. You're like, "Hey! We never taught you that!" Xander is such a sweet child, I'm glad his teacher was understanding. (For what it's worth we had a similar incident with Julian, so I can commiserate!)

Michal said...

Absolutely you can share it, Nicole!

And oh good... I'm glad it's not just us. :)

Janet said...

Ah, that indivuating can be a challenge, can't it? It sounds like Xander is pushing boundaries. He'll get it. It's all part of growing up.

Great video. Artistic and beautiful. I've already shared it on FB and Twitter.

Love you all.
Mom/Bubby

Anonymous said...

Caleb didn't hit that often - he loved pulling hair. We got lots of reports of him in time out for grabbing a fistful of someones hair.

Also reminds me ... one day I pick C up from pre-school and asked what he did that day.
"I cried"
Why did you cry?
"So-and-so hit me"

sheryl
Why did so-and-so hit you?
"I took his truck"

Michal said...

Sheryl, that's hilarious! I so feel you.