Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A real conversation

Almost every night, Ari goes to bed a little earlier than Xander.  Every night Xander gives Ari a kiss on the cheek (or the head, or the foot), and says, "lilah tov, Ari!"  (good night in Hebrew)

Last night, he said lilah tov as usual, and Ari said "lala."  Xander lit up and told him, "lililililililililah tov!"  Ari said back, "lililili!"  They did that twice in a row, so I know it wasn't a fluke.  Ari was actually talking to him!  By the end both were giggling, and it felt like they shared a brotherly connection that neither Jonathan nor I were part of. 

How fantastic!

4 comments:

Janet said...

This is so amazing.

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! I'm looking forward to the day that my kids have meaningful conversations filled with laughter ;-)

sheryl

Janet said...

I get all excited every time I read this post!

Michal said...

Thanks Mom. And Sheryl, you crack me up!!