Thursday, January 27, 2011

Things things and more things

I returned three cloth grocery bags full of books to the library this morning. Now that I've done all the research for the thesis proposal, I realized that I'm not actually going to write the thing until summer. I can't justify keeping all the books til then.. but I do feel sorry for the person putting them back in the stacks.

Yesterday Jonathan washed Osher and he was NOT a happy cat. Xander was very concerned for him, saying, "be happy Osher!" When that failed to work, 5 minutes later Xander came back and sternly rebuked him: "stop saying meow!" Jonathan and I fell on the floor.

Classes are going great! But it feels very strange to only be on campus two days a week instead of four or five. It's so nice to work at home when I can... there's nothing like laying on the couch doing reading instead of sitting in an upright chair. I will admit though that I sure get a lot more done in the library.


(Simcha, on the other hand, loves me working at home. Even when I have my laptop on my lap he manages to maximize his comfiness.)


Speaking of laptops, my new-to-me computer is great in every way except for Skyping. It's a little slower than my old Dell, and I can tell the difference in terms of volume control and how often the video skips and stops. But I can't complain... living without that inch-long white stripe in the middle of the screen is truly, truly bliss.

What else? Two days ago when Jonathan and I both wanted dessert we went out for a spontaneous Kroger trip to buy pie. The pie is now gone. It's very sad. I want more pie. :(

That's really about it. Now to get to class...

4 comments:

Sheryl said...

As long as no-one else wants them - I'm sure the library doesn't mind if you keep the books for ages!

and OMG "stop saying meow"!! totally cracks me up!

Janet said...

I love that I see the picture of Simcha sleeping on you and know exactly where you are in the house!
Missing you all sooooo much.
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

What a great post. Can't get over Xander's gentle chiding of Osher!

Seems like I'm missing photos (and videos) of Xander lately. He grows and develops so rapidly. Pictures are my staff of life.

Savta

Michal said...

Sheryl - the HUC librarians might not mind, but I feel sorry for the ILL ones.

Mom - :)

And Savta - yeah, we haven't been taking many. I have some from this weekend, I'll get to em Mon or Tues.