Friday, September 24, 2010

Things that are happy

1) Xander stopped throwing up! Who knows why he started, but two days ago he was a mess. As were we, as was our house. Thankfully he feels better now, so we're all sleeping. The only downside is that we're monumentally behind on laundry because we had to put bedding, blankets, clothing, small rugs, stuffed animals, etc in the washer.

2) I finished all my homework, including reading The Merchant of Venice for my Converts in Literature class. I'd somehow managed to miss it before in all my previous Shakespeare experience. I have to admit, I wasn't such a fan of it. It will be very interesting to discuss, though.

3) Antonio is here for an inpromptu visit! Between him, Maura, and Xander's friend Yasha (who was visiting for Sukkot) it's been a very full house.

4) The third novel in the Rashi's Daughter's trilogy is quite good! Or, at least, not bad. I loved the first book but thought the second was only so-so (it got too soap-opera-y for my taste). The third is in-between. It goes back to the less sensationalized narrative and includes a whole lotta Talmud. The part I found hard was that by this point in the series, Rashi has like a dozen children and grandchildren, all who are named repeatedly in the story. I had to keep referring back to the family tree listed in the beginning of the book, which made for frustrating reading. But it was definitely a fun read, worthy of being a vacation day book.

5) The nausea has almost disappeared! As well it should, seeing as I'm 14 weeks. Thank goodness. We were starting to invest good money in ginger ale purchases.

Also, I've now downloaded all the pictures on the camera. Watch for a new picture post soon.

3 comments:

Janet said...

Yay for no throwing up and the end of morning sickness. Kangen alkaline water is great for stopping morning sickness too.
Love you all,
Mom

Jessica said...

I guess I'd better get reading. Merchant of Venice has been patiently waiting for me for the four weeks I've had it out of the library...

Michal said...

Mom, that sounds good. And Jessica... at least it's quick reading!