Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Important Xander things

1) Xander spoke his first full sentence! "Please water with ice."

2) He kept saying what we thought was "money" whenever we drove in the car, and he would act angry. Then inside the house he showed us the toy Mini Cooper Jonathan had given him, and explained to us that that's what he meant by "money." He'd been upset that he hadn't been able to ride in the Mini, and had been forced to sit in the Toyota! Jonathan was near beaming.

3) We went to a Simchat Torah celebration tonight. He was fascinated by the band, danced with tons of people and clutched his plush Torah everywhere. At one point he even pulled out his toy saxaphone-shaped kazoo and joined in with the music.

Oh yes, also at Simchat Torah? A woman I hadn't seen since summer asked me how far along I was. I told her 14 weeks. Her mouth dropped open: "I thought you were six months!"

1 comment:

Janet said...

This post was so wonderful.

1.A full sentence....and a complicated one at that!
2. Now I understand that Xander would want to ride in the Mini but that he was able to communicate it to you by using the miniature mini blew me away. He knew they were one in the same. He turned his frustration into communication even when he'd left the car! Wow!
3. How I wish I'd been there to enjoy Xander having such a good time!
4. hahahaha