Saturday, September 12, 2009

Home sweet home (never thought I'd say that about the midwest)

We're on our way! Xander and I leave LAX tomorrow and will get into Cinci tomorrow evening. After a pediatrician visit on Monday, hopefully Xander will get the all-clear to go back to daycare, which means I can return to school.

His getting better is good, because I need to switch my focus, and fast. Rosh Hashanah is on Friday. FRIDAY. ONE WEEK FROM TODAY. And then Shabbat Shuvah and Yom Kippur are right after. And I have a student pulpit in Indiana. OMG I'm unprepared.

(And on a totally different note, I felt the Space Shuttle land today! At first we thought it was an earthquake. But no. Welcome home Discovery!)

2 comments:

Jessica:) said...

YAY!!! Can't wait to welcome you back home to the midwest!

hollydlr said...

So glad you are getting home finally! Gregory is starting with a little croupy cough today but it is not slowing him down at all. I still have a sore throat and now stomach flu too - did I tell you how Greg barfed all over my aunt's house after you left? What a great trip! Good luck getting ready for the holidays!