Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The High Holidays are OVER

And I am so, so relieved.

Don't get me wrong - I really enjoyed leading the actual services, as well as the process of creating the services and writing the sermons. But it just took so much time, and coming on the heels of Xander being sick, it wiped me out. I spent all of today in the HUC library doing regular schoolwork that I was behind on. I'm mostly caught up now.

In other news... Xander was a big hit at break the fast. The woman who hosted us for erev (evening) Yom Kippur dinner made the best noodle kugel that I have ever had in my life, bar none. I want her recipe. So that Jonathan can make it. :)

The only bad thing is that we forgot our diaper bag at the pulpit. Oh well. We'll be there again in less than two weeks!

No comments: