Saturday, September 26, 2009

Another Friday, another pulpit visit

This one actually didn't go as well as Rosh Hashanah. My sermon went over great, but I think my timing was a little off on other things. Oh well. It's all a learning experience. We started the evening off with 3 people, and by the time the service ended there were 12. Quite a difference from Rosh Hashanah, when we had over 70! One cool thing was that because there were so few people, Xander was able to have full run of the sanctuary. At one point I and a congregant were lifting the Torah, and Xander was right with us, underneath the scroll, looking up in awe. A woman told me afterwards that that made the service for her, "it was literally generation to generation!" Personally, I think his presence was why I was so off - I was so distracted the whole time, it was hard to focus. Now I know to work on it for the future.

Jonathan has bought Xander a costume for Halloween. Three guesses what it is, and the first two don't count. A lion outfit! He'll be adorable.

When I was a girl my favorite cat, Boychick, loved to steal socks. He would even eat them. Well, Yentl is his rightful inheritor. She started by stealing Xander's socks and carrying them everywhere in her mouth. And today we noticed that she had taken one of mine! They were in the cardboard box that she likes to play in (the one in the video, actually). I greatly disappointed her when I fetched it back and deemed it healthy enough to be put in the laundry and worn again.

And last but not least, Xander eats like a little person now, real food at each meal plus snacks! While all our cloth bibs have been working perfectly from newborn-drool until now, they've been getting so soggy and messy with each meal, I was doing tons of laundry. So I caved and bought him two plastic ones that are easy to wipe off. They also have a pocket to catch food bits. It's this style, but I got the generic at our grocery store for $2 each. :)

Speaking of baby, I think I hear someone puttering around, waking up from his nap....

No comments: