Monday, January 21, 2008

Back to the mundane

This will be completely unsurprising to all who know us, but the last weekend has been about food. Mediterranean with Ari and Xandy, rice and chicken with Jessica and Michael, Skyline chili with Jeffrey, leftovers to try and empty out our fridge, and chocolate chip cookie dough galore as a self-medicated stress reliever. Yesterday I attended a mandatory all-day teacher's seminar, and I have to admit, it was virtually identical to ones I've attended in California. Except... hehe... the food was better. Instead of salmon salad and the like, here they had good old-fashioned veggie lasagna with breadsticks.

Jonathan and I visited one of his coworkers last night because he has the exact same screen we're thinking of buying. And now my lovely husband and I are having issues. I think the screen is too big for the room, and he very politely disagrees. He says there is no such thing as a too-large screen. I say of course there is, and we don't want to have one. I've now polled my dad, a few friends from school, and Jonathan asked his coworker and the coworker's girlfriend. I'm all about sociology and gender constructions, but it's amazing how opinions are split exactly 100% based on if the person asked is a girl or a guy.

This week is going to be nuts. Tomorrow we make a ton of phone calls to finalize the paperwork with the broker and our current landlord, Wednesday is the walk-through, Thursday we close, Friday and Saturday I'm at my pulpit, and Sunday the electrician comes over to the house to fix the last remaining things. Then next Monday is school again and packing. It's going to be so hard to focus in class, and for Jonathan to focus at work. Lalalala Torah, yes, right, notes, hmm, house!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Well, this will undoubtedly fall along gender lines but there is another at hand here. And that issue is your ability to see and enjoy the picture. With your eyes Michal, being too close to a screen that is too big can make watching a movie downright unpleasant. Then again, perhaps as my own eyes get a bit more far-sighted every year and I find myself sitting as far back in movie theatres as possible and then often leaning back still further because the screens are just too damned big and I want to puke......ah, I digress. How about a compromise, you two?
Love,
Mom