Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A conversation from yesterday

Him: So, did we get any interesting mail today?
Me: Nah, not really. Two bills, fast-food ads, the next Netflix DVD, and a catalog.
Him: What was the catalog?
Me: I dunno, it was boring. I recycled it.
Him: You don't even remember?
Me: No. I wasn't going to buy anything from it anyway. Go look in the recycling if you really want to see.
He looks in recycling bin. He pulls out catalog. He laughs.
Me: What's so funny?
Him: (holds out fine jewelry catalog, depicting woman dripping with diamonds.) You're a freak of nature for a woman, you know.

What can I say? The Arby's coupons were more interesting! They have beef-and-cheddar on sale and everything... :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it be ridiculous to decorate a genuine human diamond with sparkly pebbly diamonds?
Savta

Janet said...

Oh, you are SOOOOOOO my child!!!!!
Love,
Mom

Michal said...

Savta - awww! You make me blush.

And Mom - ABSOLUTELY.