Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Fun things

- Jonathan bought a new motorcycle jacket. He looks hot in it. It's also much safer than the old one, so I'm happy.

- Yesterday I had lunch with an Israeli-born rabbinical student named Carmit. We both cracked up when she ordered her food as Hannah, and I ordered mine as Kate. It triggered immediate bonding over bad mispronunciations of our names.

- I finished Sarah, about... the Biblical Sarah. It was okay, not fantastic. But then again, it was less than $6 at the used bookstore, so I don't feel too badly.

- We got a Scat Mat and put it on the kitchen counter. It gives Osher a teensy tiny shock when he jumps up. His ears are flattened and he keeps hissing at it. Poor kitty. But hopefully he'll learn his lesson; he gets really into drinking from the faucet and we disapprove.

- Gwen still knows me, even though it's been awhile. She sent me a newspaper article that I've saved in a file because I like it so much, and she included an ad for a book that I've already pre-ordered (found here).

- We bought plane tickets for Joe and Nicole's wedding! Yay. Now Jonathan just needs to get fitted for a tux. I'm so envious of men's clothing; they have a tape-measured fitting and they're done. And how long does it take for a woman to buy a dress that looks good and fits her nicely? Waaaaay longer.

Off to school. Sigh. I like my Biblical Grammar teacher, but still... it's Biblical Grammar. At 8am. Four days a week. The registrar is just not nice.

3 comments:

Sheryl said...

Michal, I think you would look great in a tux!

Michal said...

LOL!!!!

Chana P said...

ouch.... grammar... 8am...
Doesn't mix so well.
AT ALL.
I feel your pain.
-Chan