Friday, September 16, 2011

Xander-isms

Since everyone seemed to like the post about the hamotzi, here's some more stuff Xanderbugs has said recently that cracked me up:


Me: [talking about jobs he can do as a grown-up, from firefighter to astronaut]  "What do you want to do when you're a grown-up?"

X: [pausing, thinking deeply] "When I'm big, I'll grow up and blow the shofar real loud on the bima!"



Me: "I hate that, when songs get stuck in my head and I end up singing them all day.  Do you ever get songs stuck in your head?"
X: "No.  I take them out!"


Jonathan was making a mixed drink for himself, and Xander wondered what it was.
"It's an adult drink," Jonathan told him.
"Can I try that?" Xander asked, pointing to the rum.
Jonathan glanced my way and I shrugged my shoulders; why not?  He would hate it and then not ask again.  Or so we thought. His reaction?
"Mmm, this one is tasty!"


And this one's my personal favorite: we were all in the car today, driving home, when someone let one rip.  It wasn't me, it wasn't Jonathan; must have been a kid.  I asked Xander, "Was that you?  Do you need to say excuse me?"  And Xander looks at me all offended.
"It was Ari!  I poop quiet!!"

2 comments:

Janet said...

I'll be laughing all the way to Religious school this morning! OMG! Those were great.

PS: Keep him away from alcohol!

Love you all,
Mom/Bubby

Anonymous said...

My reaction is just the same as Jan's :) -- including DUMP the alcohol.

Savta